Hi, I'm Monique Morton!
Media Communications Professional
Looking for a media professional who can adapt to the many different aspects of, well, media? You’ve stumbled upon an excellent candidate.
With experience in television broadcasting, online writing and social media, I would make a great fit in your company’s media team.
I can write. I know my way around Wordpress and Photoshop. I’m great with mobile videography and photography (iPhone is my tool of choice), and I can swiftly learn new applications and software and manipulate them in a way that is beneficial for your company.
To summarize: I’m an adaptable tech-savvy person who craves to get knee-deep in the creative planning process. And I put in the work to get the job done.
Sounds good to you? Continue reading to learn more about me.
Monique J. Morton
Creative and tech-savvy media professional. Adaptable in solo projects and in a team environment. Able to learn new skills quickly with practical understanding. A diligent worker with a go-getter attitude and strong work ethic. Willing to put in extra time to complete tasks. Holds a high standard for accountability, taking responsibility for mistakes and offering solutions to resolve those mistakes. Passion for the creative planning process.
Fox Sports Network, The Woodlands, TX
SENIOR ON-AIR OPERATIONS OPERATOR, LEVEL III - May 2007 – Current
• Deliver formal training, support and mentoring to over 60 trainees over a 9-year period on critical departmental workflows in order for them to achieve Level I accreditation.
• Responsible for ensuring Master Control operators (Levels I & II) execute proper procedures in order to deliver a high-quality sporting events product.
• Accountable for constructing daily programming lists ensuring that every show is aired at its scheduled time.
• Assistant Director during live sporting events, collaborating with producers and directors in a fast-paced control room to produce a quality and entertaining product on behalf of FOX Sports Regional Networks.
Position achievements include:
• Acquired a FOX X-Award Brick and Bonus, FOX’s highest company award, for researching, testing, and identifying the current solution for personnel scheduling.
• Received FOX Spotlight Bonus for developing transitional workflows which permitted Fox Network Center’s move from Houston to The Woodlands, TX on time and on budget.
• Earned a FOX X-Award for volunteering to work a continuous 18-hour shift during Hurricane Ike to maintain FOX Sports regional networks high-quality programming during the disaster.
• Recognized as a core team member in the company-wide “FOX Friend” formal mentorship program. Served as a mentor to new employees. Currently actively mentoring four employees.
LocalSugar.com, Houston, TX
CONTENT WRITER - February 2015 – Current
• A core member of the Houston team, responsible for producing high-quality blog content for The Woodlands / Heights area.
TabbedOut, Houston, TX
BRAND AMBASSADOR - September 2012 – March 2013
• Planned and hosted promotional events to increase awareness of the TabbedOut brand and ensured customers had a positive experience.
• Communicated with bartenders, bar managers, and customers on the use of TabbedOut and answered any questions about the mobile app
• Provided face-to-face end user support on the app
Examiner.com, Houston, TX
HOUSTON NIGHTLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY EXAMINER - July 2009 – May 2012
• Worked with promoters, club/bar owners, and managers to develop and execute online content to promote their establishments and premier events
• Editor and writer tasked with delivering compelling articles for the Examiner.com online platform
• On-site photographer for various bars, clubs, social venues and events
ESPN, Inc., Bristol, CT
SUMMER INTERN (MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR) - June 2005 – August 2005
• Interned in the Production Operations department as a Master Control Operator
• Participated on a student research panel for the launch of ESPNU network providing feedback on the network’s branding
Grambling State University - May 2006
• Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
• Attended on multiple academic scholarships including a 4-year scholarship awarded by the J.W. Marriott and the 10 Who Are 10 Foundation
90% CompleteCommunication 90%
80% CompleteLeadership 80%
85% CompleteConfidence 85%
95% CompleteFlexibility/Adaptability 95%
85% CompleteCreativity 85%
75% CompleteOrganization 75%
95% CompleteAbility to Learn Quickly 95%
85% CompleteCustomer/Client Service 85%
90% CompleteDetail Oriented 90%
85% CompleteTime Management 85%
90% CompletePlanning/Organizing 90%
80% CompleteProblem-Solving 80%
85% CompleteTeamwork 85%
95% CompleteIntegrity 95%
95% CompleteWork Ethic 95%
98% CompletePositive Attitude 98%
100% CompleteWillingness to Learn 100%
70% CompleteHTML/CSS 70%
90% CompleteBlogging 90%
95% CompleteMicrosoft Office 95%
90% CompleteAdobe Photoshop 90%
70% CompleteAdobe InDesign 70%
90% CompleteWordpress 90%
90% CompleteVideo Production 90%
85% CompletePhotography 85%
70% CompleteSEO 70%
Social Media Skills
95% CompleteFacebook 95%
90% CompleteInstagram 90%
85% CompletePeriscope 85%
75% CompleteSnapchat 75%
75% CompleteTwitter 75%
Whenever I can, I love to hop on a plane and jet-set to a new city to discover a new culture. A few of my favorite places are:
New York City
I used to read a lot of physical books until I discovered audio books. My favorite books include:
#Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
What I Know for Sure by Oprah Winfrey
Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
Mastery by Robert Greene
I enjoy cooking and baking dishes I have had while traveling the world. My favorite chefs include Gordon Ramsay and Jose Andres. I can also make a pretty tasty Rose Water Cheesecake. Don’t knock it until you try it.
I’ve always been a fan of technology since the internet’s arrival. I owned the very first Android phone. I’m the go-to person for all things technology when it comes to my friends. I try to incorporate it in everything I do.